Absorbs or Repels
Test various items to see if they absorb or repel water.
science, predictions, indoors, observation
What you'll need
Step by step guide
- Fill a dishpan/wash basin with water
- Explain how an item can absorb (soak in) or repel (push out) water.
- Predict if one of the items repels or absorbs water.
- Place the item in the water to test the prediction. Take the item out of the water and observe if the item soaks in the water or pushes it out.
- Continue testing all of the items.