Pulled String Art
Amazing paintings with a piece of string and a bit of good luck.
indoors, painting, creative
What you'll need
Step by step guide
- Put a piece of white card on the table.
- Dip your piece of string in a bowl of paint so that it is covered except at the ends.
- Lay your string on the piece of card, with the unpainted ends off the edge of the card. This is one of the steps to experiment with, to get different artwork each time.
- Put another piece of card on top, with a heavy book on top of it (may need to be held down by an adult).
- Pull out the string. This is another step to experiment with, as the angle you pull at will change the artwork.
- Remove the book and separate the pieces of card.
- If you want to add more to the page, it can be best to leave the first set of paint to dry, but that's up to you.