Sight Words Bingo
A fun way to learn sight words. Easy to make it harder or easier with more or less words.
What you'll need
Step by step guide
- Write out the sight words that the kid knows on small pieces of card. Create a card bingo board with the same words on it.
- Each player needs their own board and some kind of playing pieces to put on the board.
- The adult should pick a card at random, say the word on it, and put the card to the side. Each time they say a word, the kids should find the word on their board and put a playing piece on it.
- The adult should continue to call out words from cards picked at random.
- When a kid has a complete row or column of playing pieces, they should shout BINGO to be the winner (even if they are the only player!)
- For a slightly different version, the card is held up to the players who all say the word together, and then find the same word on their board.