Sink or Float
A simpler science experiment to learn what floats and what doesn't. See what materials soak up water and then sink.
indoors, outdoors, science, water
What you'll need
Step by step guide
- Fill a bathtub or paddling pool.
- Provide the kids with a selection of items that you are happy to get soaked, some which will float and some which won't.
- Let the kids put the items in the water, and see what happens to each.
- Do it again, but see if the kids can guess which items will float and which won't.
- Squeeze a sponge in the water so that it soaks up the water and then sinks.