Learn about volume by experimenting with pouring water between containers.
indoors, outdoors, science, water, pouring
What you'll need
Step by step guide
- Provide a range of plastic containers like cups, bowls, food containers. Set up the experiment area in an empty bathtub or outside on the grass.
- Fill a larger bowl or container with water.
- Let the kids experiment with filling different containers with water, and then pouring between the containers.
- See how many small containers they can fill up with the water from just one large container.
- See how many small containers of water it takes to fill a large container.