A science activity to make music. Learn how filling jars with more or less water affects the noise they make.
indoors, water, science, music
What you'll need
Step by step guide
- Put 4-10 glass bottles or jars in a row on the table
- Part fill them with water, with less water on the left, going to more water on the right.
- To make it more fun, add different food coloring to each jar of water.
- Hit each jar with a stick, or an actual percussion mallet.
- Discuss how more or less water affects the noise made when hitting the jar.