Clean windows with a spray water bottle.
indoors, outdoors, life skills, fine motor, gross motor
What you'll need
Step by step guide
- Fill a small water bottle with water. Optional: add 1/2 water and 1/2 vinegar with essential oils
- Model how to spray windows and mirrors at the child's level.
- Demonstrate how to wipe the water with a clean cloth, and then let your child try it. Optional: a small squeegee can also be used.
- Ask open ended questions to encourage vocabulary as the child cleans. Example: What are you doing? What do you think is inside the bottle? What happens to the glass when you wipe it?
- For children who are unable to communicate their actions, verbally acknowledge what they are doing by using complete sentences describing the activity.